Skip to main content

Oosaki Hachiban shrine - Sendai


This shrine was built by Date Masamuneko and is recognized as one of the greatest shrines in Sendai.

The large Torii at the entrance

The steps up to the shrine premises
The main gate to teh shrine
The majestic Osaki hachiban shrine


Tanabata wishing tree at Oosaki haciban shrine

The shrine

Tanabata festival is a festival where you write a wish and hang it on a tree branch, and once the wish come true, you burn the paper you wrote it on. I myself tried it and my wish is a secret!!!
All Rights Reserved.

Comments

  1. 大崎八番宮の鳥居を二週間ぐらい前に、道を通った時に見ました:)
    今度は、中まで入ってみようと。。

    ReplyDelete
  2. レナさん、

    コメントありがとうございます。。

    今仙台に住んでいるんですよね。。

    仙台はただ3日間だけだったのですが、
    本当にいいところでしたよー
    人々も暖かいし、歴史、山、海があるし
    面白いところでした。。

    ぜひ行ってみてください。。

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by..
Please feel free to leave your thoughts here..!!
Every word encourages me.. Thank you..

Popular posts from this blog

Tateyama Alpine Route - Murado Station

19/07/2010 Another dream coming true. I always wanted to go there.I was collecting leaflets, pamphlets about this but never thought of   going due to the high costs. Well, luck was upon me this one time. It was early morning of 5.45 and I was waiting for my sensei s vehicle in front of  Toyama Station. I did know the plans for the day but that we were going to Tateyama. Were we going to Kurobe Dam too, or going to Kurobe Dam?Were we going to take the Alpen Route or go straight to Kurobe? Surprises were waiting. We reached Tateyama Station and I knew it is my dream coming true. Weather and information of the day  It was around 14degrees at the top of the mountain while it was nearly 36degrees at the foot. We were simply above the clouds and the temperature difference was too much to bear. It was cold in the summer. Early in the morning when we passed the Murodo staion on our way to Kurobe dam it was clear all around. in the aftern...

Ainokura of Gokayama,Toyama

Gokayama means five hills. These special five hills are named as UNESCO world heritage for it s old  village still left unharmed. The ancient kokiri dancing village The beautiful village of Ainokura The entrance to the village The ancient roof This roof is called "gasshou dsukuri" meaning -the prayers hand architecture-. This roof style is so strong that its compatible for the extremely heavy snow fall in this area in winter. From here onwards are some of the houses still left to date. This houses are still strong and man made. Even in the scorching sun the temperature inside the house is cool and it is said that it is the same in the winter. It was marvelous to see this little village, where in winter visiting this village is difficult due to several routes are closed due to heavy snow fall in winter. All Rights Reserved.

Onabe - Japanese Hot Pot

15/05/2010 It was after spending the evening at Thai Festival 2010 in Yoyogi,Shibuya. The dinner was decided on "Nabe" at a shibuya chain restaurant of Japanese hot pot. I have always loved nabe. I have had shabu shabu hotpot, sukiyaki hotpot and seafood hotpot at Japanese houses and this was the first time I am having it at a restaurant. So I thought of sharing some moments of the supreme happiness of eating Nabe - the Japanese hotpot. Beef, eggs and the vegetables  The whole table of ingredients for the Nabe in one shot Shabu shabu and sukiyaki on one hotplate finally you dip the boiled slice of meat in the "tare" and eat. This chain restaurant is in Shibuya and limitless "tabehoudai" for less than 2000yen. Good service and loved the meat.   All Rights Reserved.