Skip to main content

Wild Flowers 2011 - Takao

04/05/2011

ヒメオドリコソウ(姫踊子草)- Purple Deadnettle

和名 :ヒメオドリコソウ(姫踊子草)- Purple Deadnettle
科  : シソ科 - Lamiaceae 
学名 :lamium purpureum




スズラン(鈴蘭)- Lilly of Valley


和名 :スズラン(鈴蘭)- Lilly of Valley
科  : ユリ科 - Lillaceae 
学名 :convallaria keiskei
花言葉 : 「幸福の再来」、[意識しない美しさ」、[純粋」

This plant is poisonous due to the consist of Convallatoxin, Convallamarin and Convallaside.




クサノオウ(草の黄)- Greater Celandine


和名 :クサノオウ(草の黄)- Greater Celandine
科  : ケシ科 - Papaveraceae 
学名 :chelidonium majus / asaticum ohwi

A yellow syrup comes out from the cut points or break points of the leaves and stem. This plant is also poisonous to most of the people due to the alkoloid, while this is  also used as  a herb in some cases but only after drying well in  the sun.




ウシハコベ


和名 :ウシハコベ(牛繁縷)
科  : ナデシコ科 - Caryophyllaceae
学名 :myosoten aquaticum

This is one of the seven "Seven Grasses of the Spring" according to Japans Literature.




ムラサキケマン(紫華鬘)


和名 :ムラサキケマン(紫華鬘)
科  : ケマンソウ科 -  Fumariaceae
学名 :corydalis incisa


This is plant is  also lightly poisonous due to the protopine in it.




Please I need help to find these flowers and its families. I would greatlr appreciate your cooperation.





Special thanks to Kikone Mamoru sensei for introducing me to this beautiful small world.
All Rights Reserved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tateyama Alpine Route - Murado Station

19/07/2010 Another dream coming true. I always wanted to go there.I was collecting leaflets, pamphlets about this but never thought of   going due to the high costs. Well, luck was upon me this one time. It was early morning of 5.45 and I was waiting for my sensei s vehicle in front of  Toyama Station. I did know the plans for the day but that we were going to Tateyama. Were we going to Kurobe Dam too, or going to Kurobe Dam?Were we going to take the Alpen Route or go straight to Kurobe? Surprises were waiting. We reached Tateyama Station and I knew it is my dream coming true. Weather and information of the day  It was around 14degrees at the top of the mountain while it was nearly 36degrees at the foot. We were simply above the clouds and the temperature difference was too much to bear. It was cold in the summer. Early in the morning when we passed the Murodo staion on our way to Kurobe dam it was clear all around. in the aftern...

Ainokura of Gokayama,Toyama

Gokayama means five hills. These special five hills are named as UNESCO world heritage for it s old  village still left unharmed. The ancient kokiri dancing village The beautiful village of Ainokura The entrance to the village The ancient roof This roof is called "gasshou dsukuri" meaning -the prayers hand architecture-. This roof style is so strong that its compatible for the extremely heavy snow fall in this area in winter. From here onwards are some of the houses still left to date. This houses are still strong and man made. Even in the scorching sun the temperature inside the house is cool and it is said that it is the same in the winter. It was marvelous to see this little village, where in winter visiting this village is difficult due to several routes are closed due to heavy snow fall in winter. All Rights Reserved.

Onabe - Japanese Hot Pot

15/05/2010 It was after spending the evening at Thai Festival 2010 in Yoyogi,Shibuya. The dinner was decided on "Nabe" at a shibuya chain restaurant of Japanese hot pot. I have always loved nabe. I have had shabu shabu hotpot, sukiyaki hotpot and seafood hotpot at Japanese houses and this was the first time I am having it at a restaurant. So I thought of sharing some moments of the supreme happiness of eating Nabe - the Japanese hotpot. Beef, eggs and the vegetables  The whole table of ingredients for the Nabe in one shot Shabu shabu and sukiyaki on one hotplate finally you dip the boiled slice of meat in the "tare" and eat. This chain restaurant is in Shibuya and limitless "tabehoudai" for less than 2000yen. Good service and loved the meat.   All Rights Reserved.