Skip to main content

Karaoke

29/01/2010

I love music, I love playing  the piano and I love singing. I am no singer, I lose my  pitch, tone and tempo when I sing, but I still keep on singing. I don`t have voice training lessons and I always am poor singer, but still, I repeat, I love singing.
I had always heard about karaoke back in my country but never had the chance to enjoy one, in my first 20 years of life. For a person who loves to sing but can`t  sing in public, karaoke is the best answer. I was first introduced to this method, of introducing the poor singer inside me to the others, in 2008. What my friends and I wanted was a little get together of the four foreign girls and do something. Finally ,it was decided on a karaoke night out.

 図1 Karaoke Stand
The karaoke bar , where I go to sing, is just 15 minutes away from my place. It has packages for free time, one in the noon -from 11.00a.m. to 8.00p.m. for 550yen (+400 if you order the drink bar)- and the other at night -from 10.00p.m. to 7.00a.m. for 800yen(+650 if you order the drink bar)-. As we were busy in the day time we at first went in fro the night session, where we sing endlessly till  the dawn. Due to the recent economic effect on our lives, now my friends and I manage to  find time for the noon`s free time session.

図2 Karaoke Room
Rooms are allocated according to the number of people who are taking part in one session.  The room above is for around  six or seven people in the maximum. The brightness of the  room  can be changed by the  dimmer switch. We always prefer the dim and dark atmosphere of the room where the singer inside us can perform with an enhanced energy (dark energy??).You get two mikes, great sound system in where you can have the your own way. The rooms are sound proof so the loudness and the noise does not matter in the least. The most interesting thing is , how noisy it can ever be, it never back feed !!!

図3 Karaoke Screen
The above photo is the karaoke screen where lyrics and the visuals are played. In Japan the lyrics of English foreign songs have its furigana on the letters so that even the Japanese can sing them.  All the lyrics are in Japanese, so a foreigner who does not know how to read in Japanese will have no chance of singing Japanese songs. In my case, I prefer English songs but I sing some Japanese songs too.

図4 Karoke Machine and Remote Controller
The machine on the left is  a karaoke machine. You can enter the code of the song with the number dial and control the key, tempo plus editing the song lists and many more. It`s everything is in Japanese, but still it is not that hard to read and understand. The device on the right is the remote controller, which has the same functions. Normally one room has two remote controllers and one karaoke machine. The karaoke machine is not  essential if the remote controllers are in hand. But in some cases the songs are lesser in some machines and some have  a large library of songs. So the songs you can sing differs according to the room.You can Choose songs by the song name, language, group, artist name, duet, old hits, duets and etc.

Karaoke has become one of my favorite hobbies now. I prefer going to the karaoke bar, but most of the time , I end up with you tube karaoke or some online stuff. This is a good leisure time amusement for the people who love to sing but still can not. No body worries about you going out of the pitch, wrong note or bad breathing and stuff. It is you and some of your friend, in a world of your own, shouting out a song.It `s so much fun, all tunes and music, love and rhythm and can do anything you want to.
I will be going there again and again, and I know this is some thing I am never fed up with.

All Rights Reserved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tanabata - Story behind the tale

Story1 Orihime is a princess who wove beautiful clothes by the bank of the Amanogawa which is  Milky Way in English . She worked very hard every day to weave clothes. However, Orihime was sad that because of her hard work she could never meet or fall in love with anyone. Concerned about his daughter,  the  father arranged for her to meet Hikoboshi who lived and worked on the other side of the Amanogawa. When the two met, they fell instantly in love with each other and married shortly thereafter. However, once married, Orihime no longer would weave cloth and Hikoboshi allowed his cows to stray all over Heaven. In anger,  the  father separated the two lovers across the Amanogawa and forbade them to meet. Orihime became despondent at the loss of her husband and asked her father to let them meet again. The father was moved by his daughter’s tears and allowed the two to meet on the 7th day of the 7th month if she worked hard and finished her weaving. The first time they tried to meet,

Nanadaru Waterfalls- Shizuoka

On a rainy day, we went on a hike to see the seven waterfalls called nana-daru in Kawazu. The river was full with water in mid summer beautifully green. http://www.nanadaru.com/ The main waterfall called Oodaru cannot be views by noraml viewers. The waterfall property is now owned by a hotpsring  motel and only the motel customers can enjoy the oodaru. the rest of the seven waterfalls are captured below. ■Kamadaru Kama means basin and the waterfall name is basin- waterfall. ■Ebi daru Ebi means prawn and the waterfall name is prawn- waterfall.Sorry No pictures. A little way down the lane near Kanidaru, you can capture the stream flowing down through stones beautifully creating thousands of tiny waterfalls. ■Hebidaru Hebi means snake and the waterfall name is snake- waterfall. ■Shokeidaru This is the main attraction along the hike. There is a statue of a man ad woman resting by the waterfall. The photo was pinned

Tateyama Alpine Route - Murado Station

19/07/2010 Another dream coming true. I always wanted to go there.I was collecting leaflets, pamphlets about this but never thought of   going due to the high costs. Well, luck was upon me this one time. It was early morning of 5.45 and I was waiting for my sensei s vehicle in front of  Toyama Station. I did know the plans for the day but that we were going to Tateyama. Were we going to Kurobe Dam too, or going to Kurobe Dam?Were we going to take the Alpen Route or go straight to Kurobe? Surprises were waiting. We reached Tateyama Station and I knew it is my dream coming true. Weather and information of the day  It was around 14degrees at the top of the mountain while it was nearly 36degrees at the foot. We were simply above the clouds and the temperature difference was too much to bear. It was cold in the summer. Early in the morning when we passed the Murodo staion on our way to Kurobe dam it was clear all around. in the afternoon, sudden fogs, drizzles and strong winds